Affiliate marketing is booming today, and it’s increasing with time, but how to make money with affiliate marketing for beginners is still a difficult question. Here we are sharing some important steps for how to start affiliate marketing.
And according to Statista, businesses spent $8.2 billion on affiliate marketing in the US this year. That’s increased up to 76% in the last 6 years.
Affiliate marketing is a very growing industry today. It is the same as a salesman’s business, and if you are a beginner, you need to know how to start affiliate marketing. There are many important steps to getting started with affiliate marketing. First of all, what is affiliate marketing?
What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is similar to a salesperson that is being paid a commission for a sale. It’s a business model in which brands share revenue in the form of commission to content creators in exchange for leads or sales.
How does affiliate marketing work
An affiliate link is the main way of affiliate marketing. It’s a trackable link with a unique URL made specifically for you ( as an affiliate ). These links help with advertising products.
- You share affiliate links on your websites, youtube channels.
- A customer clicks your affiliate links.
- Customers are redirected to the advertiser websites.
- The customer is tracked as being referred by you through the cookies.
- Customer by the products.
- The affiliate network gives you a commission.
- The commission appears on your dashboard.
- You get paid.
6 essential steps to getting started with affiliate marketing in 2022
How to make money with affiliate marketing for beginners, affiliate marketing for beginners 2022, and how to start affiliate marketing with no money are answered by us; you need to follow the following steps.
#1 Find a profitable niche & choose the right platform
Niche is the particular subject which you choose for affiliate marketing. You need to find a niche with your interest or which gives you high earning potential, like software-based.
- Do research
- Observe competitors
- Find appropriate program
Some tools that help you to find a profitable niche like,
- Google trends – show trending topics and searches.
- Answer Socrates – find out frequently asked questions on google.
- Exploring topics – the alternative to google trends.
How to start affiliate marketing with no money? If you also think about that, then you need to choose niche topics that you are passionate about because you need to write 50+ articles without getting bored.
Find a medium competition niche if starting affiliate marketing with no money. It’s time to find a platform that hosts your affiliate content.
Two choices for starting websites and youtube. Youtube is trending nowadays. But there are also some cons to starting with youtube.
So both websites and youtube channels are essential. Publish youtube videos on websites is also beneficial. But for beginners who think about how to start affiliate marketing for beginners 2022. The blog is best for startups.
#2 Pick a profitable affiliate program
Finding the best and most profitable program needs some research and knowledge for beginners. We are explaining 3 steps that help beginners to choose the best affiliate program.
- Evaluation of earning potential.
- Evaluation of competition.
- Evaluation of brand trust and ratings.
Evaluation of earning potential.
Three main earning criteria which you know about affiliate marketing.
- High volume, low commission. This includes Amazon affiliate sites. To earn $5000 to $6000 per month from a 5% commission, you need to generate more than $10,000 in revenue for amazon. It needs huge traffic to generate a target revenue.
- Low volume, high commissions. It means you need to work with expensive brands that sell costly products like luxurious watches and expensive electronic equipment. It needs less traffic and conversion.
- High volume, high commissions. Like web hostings, email marketing tools, and financial affiliate programs. These are more profitable and competitive as well.
Evaluation of the competition.
Observe your competitors like how they make effective content and promote a product and learn from them. If you are a beginner, then choose low-competition programs.
Evaluation of brand trust and reputation.
If you represent yourself as a brand affiliate website, you need to check your affiliate site is also good at their level. You need to check that the brand you promote has a mobile-friendly design, good sales pages, and positive reviews.
#3 Create valuable optimized affiliate content
Nothing works for you if your content quality is not good. So first, create good and quality content. There are some important points you must use in your content.
- Make product review-based content.
- Make product comparison based.
- Make research pages.
- Make tutorials of your products.
- Make e-books.
#4 Generate traffic and build your audience
Social media platforms like Instagram, Tik Tok, Pinterest, or Reddit are big traffic sources but to get the benefits of that needs effort and time. Growing traffic from SEO is the best way for successful affiliates.
Another way for traffic is emails, but that needs effort and sending emails to the new consumer, need to explain everything about your products to make a buying decision.
#5 Build an affiliate funnel
An affiliate marketing funnel is a specific mapped path made for consumers to help from lead to becoming a customer. Using a funnel, readers stick with you from all stages of the buyer’s journey.
The consumer’s journey comprises 4 stages :
Funnels are especially suitable for high-ticket affiliate programs that need a longer education before consumers decide to buy.
#6 Convert clicks into sales
Now you have everything like the audience, traffic, and good platforms, but the biggest question is how to convert clicks into sales.
Let’s understand fundamentals. If customers buy your product once, then you need to give them the best experience that improves your repeated sales buy existing consumers.
If you convert a new audience to customers, then you need to explain your product’s information like the pros, and cons, why only this, or the advantages. That makes buying decisions of customers.
Wrapping It Up
So here we are trying to shortlist some steps that give you an idea about how to start affiliate marketing for beginners. If you follow those steps properly, you find something useful.